The District Exec Committee currently has an acting secretary, and is looking for a more permanent volunteer.
The Secretary will support the Chair of the Executive Committee to ensure the smooth functioning and sound administration of the District in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
- Taking accurate and accessible minutes of Executive Committee meetings
- Distributing agendas, minutes and supporting documents for Executive Committee meetings
- Provide administrative support to the running of the Executive Committee
- Communicating with the Executive Committee and relevant Scout Council
- Act as Secretary for the relevant Scout Council
- Work with the Chair of the Executive Committee to set meeting agendas and arrange meeting logistics for the Executive Committee
- Maintaining accurate records for the administration of the District; including meeting minutes, census details, ownership of property and equipment, insurance and financial information
- Ensuring the safety and security of records maintained by the Executive Committee, complying with appropriate legal requirements
- Support the completion of the Annual Census return
- Preparing the appropriate administration for the Annual General Meeting, including collating the Annual Report and Accounts for the Annual General Meeting
Ideally, skills would include:
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to think creatively and solve problems
- Good IT skills
- Ability to summarise information for different audiences
- Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others.
- Able to maintain independent and objective judgement
The Secretary may delegate some of these tasks to other members of the Executive Committee for completion, but they must maintain responsibility for their completion.
Full training and support will be given.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org