- This event has passed.
Achieving Growth – AG1
Saturday 17th February @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This is Part 2 of 3 Skill Courses for Management & Supporters Training.
- Part 1 Skills of Management – 2 Day
- Part 2 Achieving Growth – 1 Day
- Part 3 Meeting the Challenges – 1 Day
It is recommended that you attend the Skills of Management course before attending the remaining 2 Skill courses.
Part 2 Achieving Growth is a one day course.
- During the course we will be covering the following Key Messages:
- A good quality programme supports the retention of young people and reviewing the programme helps to support and enhance it.
- Producing, implementing and reviewing a development plan will help you to prioritise and carry out your actions to meet your objectives.
- Development plans at County, District and Group level must all work together.
- Scouting is inclusive and should reflect the community in which it operates
- Being open to and managing change is a key part or your role.
- Enabling and supporting flexible volunteering will help you with both the recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- Using the strengths of others and including them in creating a plan will help you to deliver development plans, together.
The following Independent Learning Units are recommended as pre-course learning, if they are relevant to your role:
- Managing Your Time and Personal Skills
- Building Effective Teams
- Project Management
- Getting the Word Out
- Leading Local Scouting
- Finding, Appointing and Welcoming Volunteers
- Supporting the Adult Training Scheme
For more information, and to book the course, please visit: http://www.cambridgeshirescouts.org.uk/teams/adult-training/adult-training-courses/2-adult-training/161-achieving-growth